WTI Magazine #63    2015 June, 27Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   The Aymerich Park is an urban park built around the remains of the Aymerich Castle, probably built in 1053. The area covers almost 22 hectares in the municipality of Laconi, in the district called Sarcidano, at the center of Sardinia. The ruins of the c...

  WTI Magazine #80    2016 June 17Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   Villa Buonaccorsi, in the Marche region, the country residence of a noble family, was built in the sixteenth century and is equipped with the main house, the gardens, the stables, a few terraced houses and the small Baroque church of San Filippo.   On...

  WTI Magazine #64    2015 July, 10Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   The Garden of the Times in Bari is a special place: partly garden, partly botanical garden, partly academic instituion. Cypress trees and carob trees, palms and banana trees, lavender and succulents, together with the oriental style of its furniture, gi...

  WTI Magazine #79    2016 May 13Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   Villa Rufolo is a building in the historic center of Ravello (SA), whose original structure dates back to the thirteenth century, with large nineteenth-century alterations. Eroded by time and neglect, it was partially restored thanks to the valuable assis...

  WTI Magazine #84    2016 October 17Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   Villa Attems Cernozza de Postcastro is an estate dating back to the '600, which has always belonged to the Counts of Attems. The villa is surrounded by a lovely view overlooking the park, full of a variety of plants, colors and scents.  

  WTI Magazine #74    2015 December 11Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   Villa Gregoriana is named after Pope Gregory XVI, who inaugurated it on October 7, 1835. The park, located in scenic location at the foot of the Roman acropolis of Tivoli, is part of the Italian natural, historical and archaeological heritage, an env...

  WTI Magazine #66    2015 August, 21Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   The Miramare Castle stretches from the promontory of Grignano, on the Gulf of Trieste. A 22-hectare romantic park frames the castle and then degrade towards the sea. Until 1855 the park area was a barren and fallow land, that the young and romantic Ar...

  WTI Magazine #56    2015 March, 20Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by: John Cabot University   Villa Caristo, property of the Caristo family, is an important rural mansion of the XVII century. It represents a prestigious and symbolic example of Baroque art in Calabria, so worthy to be included in the philatelic collection o...

  WTI Magazine #65    2015 July, 24Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   The Regional Oasis Guardiaregia-Campochiaro Wildlife Park is located entirely in the municipalities of Guardiaregia and Campochiaro in the province of Campobasso, in the Molise side of the Matese. The protected area covers 3135 hectares of land, making...

  WTI Magazine #82    2016 August 19Author : Italian Botanical Heritage      Translation by:   Villa Devoto and its adjoining park, located in Cagliari, was built between 1915 and 1919 by Girolamo and Oddone Devoto; since 1955, following the purchase by the Autonomous Region of Sardinia, it has become the institutional home of the President of t...