The botanical garden is located in Valnontey, in the municipality of Cogne, Valle d'Aosta, in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park, at 1700 meters above sea level, an area of about 10,000 square meters. Founded in 1955 at the behest of the Gran Paradiso National Park Board of Directors in order to enhance its flora, it takes its name from M...

The Natural Park Dune Costiere near ostuni in the Province of Brindisi, Puglia, includes a stretch of sandy coastline, characterized by a system of contiguous wetlands, behind a strip of dunes. In a few places this band has the typical juniper vegetation: Red juniper (Juniperus oxycedrus) and Phoenician juniper (Juniperus phoenicea). In other place...

The Garden of Aquatic Plants, also called Porcinai Pool, is located on the island Polvese in the protected area of the Park of the Trasimeno, Umbria.  It was built in the late 50s of the twentieth century, commissioned by Count Giannino Citterio, owner of the island, by the great landscape architect Peter Porcinai (1910-1986), who created a pool de...

The Botanical Garden of Collemaggio is located near the church with the same name, on the outskirts of the city of L'Aquila. Originally, the garden was used by the Celestinian monks who lived in the basilica, and then in in 1965 it began property of the Faculty of Mathematical, Chemical, Physical and Natural Sciences of the University of L'Aquila....

The Bosco delle Sorti Safeguard Zone extends into a hilly environment with a viticultural vocation that lies between 118 and 311 meters above sea level, in a transition zone between the floodplain and the slopes, which rise gradually towards the Apennine belt. Its objective is to integrate and define the conservation and management of natural and l...

Le Mortine Oasis is located on the border between Campania and Molise, in the municipalities of Capriati al Volturno (Caserta, Campania) and Venafro (Isernia, Molise), on an artificial river oxbow created by the construction of a dam for hydroelectric production. It consists of more than 50,000 hectares. The ensemble of aquatic environments is surr...

The Botanical Garden of Palermo stands next to Villa Giulia, bordering the Kalsa district. In 1779, to accompany the newly founded Academy of Royal Studies, which had attached the chair of Botany and Materia medica, a small botanical garden had been created adjacent to the Porta di Carini, but having become insufficient for the needs of the chair,...

The Ca' Brigida Oasis is located in the Marecchia Valley, at Il Doccio, in the municipality of Verucchio. It covers about 16-17 hectares in mainly hilly environments, which include woods, cultivated areas, a farmhouse with an adjoining park, springs and traces of ancient settlements, belonging to Verucchio's Villanovan civilization. Inside the Oasi...

It has been called the "most beautiful vineyard in the world" by "National Geographic" and other major international magazines: it is located in Amastuola, among the hills of Crispiano, in the province of Taranto, immersed in a wonderful landscape composed of maritime pines, centuries-old olive trees and Mediterranean scrub, with a very ancient his...

The privately owned museum is located in Dorgali, within a park full of waters fed by the spring "S'Abba frisca" (in Italian “acqua fresca”, as to say fresh water). The main theme of the park-museum is summarized in two itineraries: naturalistic and ethnographic. The itinerary begins with the presentation of plant species: narrow-leafed bonewort, c...