Penelope, "art name" of Chiara Cocchi, has been invited by the Italian Cultural Institute of San Francisco for a solo exhibition in its gallery. After several shows in Miami (Florida), Sarasota (Florida), and Italy, the artist has conceived and assembled a new exhibition entitled We are All Made of Stardust, which will be on view from January 15 until February 10, 2015.
The artist's reception will be held on Friday, January 30 at 6:00pm. Download the PDF invitation click here
WHEN: January 15 – February 10, 2015
ARTIST'S RECEPTION: January 30, 2015 – 6 pm
WHERE: Ground floor galleries, Italian Cultural Institute, 814 Montgomery Street, San Francisco.
EVENT - LINK TO THE ARTIST'S WEBSITE: click here
LINK TO THE EXHIBITION'S PAGE: click here
PRESS OFFICE CONTACTS: email@example.com
PENELOPE Chiara Cocchi (firstname.lastname@example.org - tel. +39 328 8197143 – SKYPE: chiaracocchi13)
WITH THE COOPERATION OF: BOLOGNA CONNECT, THE ITALIAN HOMEMADE COMPANY. WITH THE PATRONAGE OF: REGIONE EMILIA ROMAGNA, ARCA ITALIAN SCHOOL, CITTÀ D'ARTE EMILIA ROMAGNA, EMILIA ROMAGNA REGION TOURIST BOARD.
MAIN THEMES OF THE EXHIBITION:
- The traveling artist: "The Artist is Ulysses when she travels and fills her eyes with wonder. She turns into Penelope when she closes her studio's door and turns that wonder into Art."
- We Are All Made of Stardust: the main theme is also the title of the exhibition. It recalls the fact that our whole world, and ourselves, were all born from the Big Bang and the explosion of stars.
- Ecology and Sustainability: Penelope has always been working with these fundamental concepts, the most contemporary and vital for our life on earth. Her purpose is to convey the importance of these ideas through her artworks. This is because in the history of humanity it is always the Artist who uses the Power of Art to open the doors to people's sensitivity.
- The artworks are all made on natural materials or (mysteriously) found objects: palm leaves, driftwood, old music records, advertising signs... This is to convey the importance of recycling and respect for Nature.
- The history of materials: the objects used as canvases for the paintings have also a life of their own. These media have the possibility of an extended life thanks to art. The paintings on them recall their past lives, in a dialogue with conceptual art.
- Imaginary views of Italy and San Francisco.
- Photography linked to the theme of Nature, which represents the Manifesto of the artist.
ARTIST BIOGRAPHY AND PHILOSOPHY
PENELOPE, "art name" of Chiara Cocchi, is a young artist from Bologna (Italy). She graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Bologna in 2011.
After her degree and several exhibitions in Italy, she decided to go abroad, pushed by her love for travel. A series of several American exhibitions followed, from the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, Florida to major Miami galleries. Her current affiliation is with the Artrageous Gallery, in the prestigious area of Miami Coral Gables.
One of the reasons why important institutions are interested in Penelope's work is that her art aims at very meaningful concepts for contemporary society. She always wants to create bridges: between Italy and the world, and between man and Nature. She is also fond of all the stories that lie inside the objects and materials that she finds in the woods, on the shore, or even in thrift stores. She loves to bring them back to life, turning them into artworks.
Photography is her first medium, the origin of all her artworks. Sometimes these images live a life of their own, and other times they turn into paintings or drawings.
Her "art name" was chosen while reading the Odyssey for the first time. She feels to be the person that embodies both main characters of the story: Ulysses with his infinite curiosity and love of travel, and Penelope with her manual crafts and her deep attachment to her land.
Source: IIC San Francisco
by Matthew Breen Fashion fans will be in for a treat this fall when the Fine Arts Museums...
In September of 2002, some of Los Angeles' most prominent Italian American citizens got to...
Little Italy San Jose will be hosting a single elimination Cannoli tournament to coincide...
The Wine Consortium of Romagna, together with Consulate General of Italy in Boston, the Ho...
Candice Guardino is adding to her list of successful theatrical productions with the debut...
Si chiama Emanuele Ceccarelli lo studente del liceo Galvani di Bologna unico italiano amme...
We are very excited to announce that on Saturday, August 11, The San Francisco Italian Ath...
AGENDA 12.00 – 12.15 Light lunch12.15 – 12.30Welcome addresses Lorenzo Mannelli, MD, PhD...